Learn English Fast - 5 English Learning TipsBy Laurianne Surchoix
1. Use A Language Learning Software. More interactive than your typical language courses and cheaper than taking a real class, language learning software offers the most cost-effective medium of instruction for anyone studying English as a second language. The participatory nature of a software course coupled with the flexibility it offers in scheduling and time makes it an obvious choice for anyone serious about learning new languages.
2. Talk to yourself. There's no faster way to learn English than to speak it and you can do it even when there's no one around by practicing with yourself. Take a phone book and read the numbers aloud using the new language, watch TV and make comments in English or pick random words out of a dictionary and translate them.
3. Talk to English speakers. Spend time with English speakers and communicate with them using the vernacular. Not only will you be practicing your own speaking skills but you'll be picking up nuances they might have learned along the way.
4. Listen to English songs. Listening to songs are a great way to improve upon your English, allowing you to hear the language used in both a specific context along with helpful demonstrations of proper delivery. Just make sure to exercise discretion when trying to copy the language used in rap songs and you should be fine. A'ight?
5. Unleash your English skills to the world. When someone converses with you in English, don't hesitate to respond in kind. Start a free blog and write posts in the English language. You'll make mistakes but that will only help accelerate your development. Use the language freely and watch yourself improve by leaps and bounds.
Why is English so important?
Humans were not meant to spend our life alone. Our experiences, abilities to learn from those experiences, and our capacity to share the lessons learned are part of what fuels human progress. Think about it: today, the development of technology is accelerating. This is mainly because our ability to communicate has also received a huge boost, thanks to the development of mobile phones and the Internet.
Of course, the technology to communicate would be useless without a shared language. People actually use many different languages in order to communicate. There are two methods that people use to communicate today. They are:
1) Non-verbal - This is communication without the use of words. Although people immediately think of body language when they encounter the term "non-verbal" communication, there are actually other means that people use to express their ideas and share their experiences without using words. Take music and painting, for example. People create art and music in order to share their vision of the world with others. This is communication. Another common way that people communicate non-verbally is through their appearance - what you wear and how you present yourself depends on how you wish to be perceived by others. Non-verbal communication is important in that it allows people to communicate instantly and unconsciously. As they say: a picture is worth a thousand words.
2) Verbal - Of course, words form a very important part of communication today. It is through words that people best explain their ideas and share knowledge. It is through the use of words that people are able to clearly communicate concepts that lead to progress and development.
In order to truly be a part of the world and its progress, you need to learn how to effectively communicate verbally, and today this requires learning English.
About the Author: English Learning Software offers great software for translation and language learning purposes at decent prices. Read more 1 Read more 2